Quad Analytix is an exciting, early stage analytics startup headquartered in San Mateo. We focus on harnessing e-commerce and other information gathered from a variety of sources, which are then cleansed, normalized and analyzed using state of the art machine learning techniques. We use the results of the analyses to provide meaningful insights to our customers.
We are looking for a top-notch intern for the summer to augment our Quality Engineering team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Participate in testing effort for our Quad App which includes designing test scenarios, creating test plans, implementing, automating and executing test cases.
- Improve and maintain test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting under the guidance of the QA Manager.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development/QA process.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Knowledge of any Object-Oriented Language (e.g. Java, Python)
- Basic math, understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Ability to handle complete testing for a feature researching about the function, finding use cases, functional testing, performance testing etc.
- Prior experience with using databases. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of database fundamentals and SQL programming.
- Strong grasp of operating systems concepts including file systems, networks, and memory management.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a strong work ethic and proactive approach to problem solving
- Enjoy having fun at work, and desire to collaborate with smart, humble people every day